Our Christmas Decor and lots of baby bump pics!

Tuesday, January 3




Merry Christmas sweet friends! I'm sorry I've been incredibly absent from this little space, but we had such a lovely Christmas and New Years and my goal was to be completely present in every moment of family time…so here we are a few weeks later! 

Christmas was so special…a week in Southern California with Kevin's family and then a lovely time celebrating with my family up North. I also had a few baby showers in there which was such a blessing. Our girl is already so dearly loved, it makes my heart so happy! 

Decorating for Christmas this year was really fun as we finally have a house of our own where I can experiment and try new things! I went a little crazy with greenery that I picked up for free at Home Depot. Did you know you can go there and ask for any greenery scraps they have, and they'll give them to you for free? My mantle is draped in yummy pine needles, which I love!! I also love that Trader Joes offered fresh garlands this year which I draped over all my windows! We cut down our own Christmas tree (which you can see here), which is my favorite greenery:)

We've picked up quite a few Christmas decorations from around the world. My newest addition is our  Sari Bari stockings! These stockings were made in India from old sari's by women coming out of trafficking/prostitution…you can read more about our time in India here. Another favorite item I love to pull out at Christmas is the advent calendar I got in Germany a few years ago…in each little pocket I put a piece of the Christmas story, so we get to read the whole Christmas story every night throughout December! And last year at Christmas in Europe, I picked up one of these adorable wood towers that spin from the candle heat. I found it at a Christmas market in Colmar and instantly fell in love with it. It adds a little Alsatian touch to my home:) 

My all time favorite Christmas carol is Oh Holy Night, and I found this beautiful free printable here, printed it at Kinko's for $2.50 and then framed it in a frame I already owned! Easy Peasy! 

And lastly, I've had about a million people ask me to post bump pictures. Since i've done a horrible job documenting my growing bump, I thought i'd inundate you today with bump pics, haha! I apologize in advance!! 

In case you're wondering, my clothes are from the following places: 

How was your Christmas and New Years? You ready for a new year? Wow, I sure am! Kevin and I can't believe we will have a daughter in 11 weeks!! Eppp, we are so pumped!! Let the countdown begin!! xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!