Santa Cruz and Capitola with our British Mates!

Monday, December 12


 I've slowly but surely been making my way through the one week trip we took up the California coast with our dear British friends Matt and Katie (and their son Isaac). If you missed it, we started in Southern California (Laguna and Newport), then drove to San Luis Obispo and Big Sur, and then on to Santa Cruz and Capitola. I spent all my summers as a child in Santa Cruz, so it holds a special place in my heart:) Capitola is a tiny little town with colorful buildings and a lovely beach, so we made that our home base to explore!

We arrived into Capitola late on Thursday night, and nestled into the sweetest AirBnB that was right on the beach! It had a little balcony, so after they put the baby down, we wrapped up in blankets and ate ice cream right out of the cartons and talked and laughed for hours. In the morning, we woke up with the sunshine streaming through the huge window! Kevin and Matt took Isaac on a morning walk where they saw the sun rise over the ocean. Kate and I were still snuggled up in the beds, and we talked and relaxed as we took in how beautiful the view was!

That day was filled with a walk around tiny (but adorable Capitola), and a breakfast at Zelda's on the beach. We then drove to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk (where I spent my childhood summers). If you've never been, the boardwalk is a total must! It's incredibly historic, with many of my favorite rides dating back to almost 100 years ago (the Big Dipper and Carousel). Matt and Kevin rode the Big Dipper, and we all rode the carousel, which has rings you can pull and try to throw through the clown's mouth (which is so fun!). Matt and Kate tried their first salt water taffy, and Matt tried his hand at some of the carnival games:) It was a great day!!

That evening we loaded in the car and headed to Yosemite…but that's for another post!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!