Explore {istanbul, that is}

Wednesday, May 21


Today Kevin and I walked miles and miles around both Europe and Asia, as Istanbul is the only city in the world divided between two continents. We trod new ground, hand in hand, wide-eyed and a little sleepy from jet-lag, but no less thrilled by how magical the air sits in this exciting place.

We woke this morning to a million dollar view of the city {you an see a pic from our balcony on instagram here}, thanks to some sweet people who opened their home on AirBnB. We soaked in thousands of years of history, liked and disliked a few new foods, and capped the night off sharing a meal with a sweet Turkish couple who shared about the ways God is moving int his place.

The world opens my eyes, and I am so very grateful. I am in "explore" mode and I feel fresh and free. Here's to being explorers today friends,

Happy Wednesday with love and hugs from Istanbul,

22 comments :

  1. How great! I've always wanted to go to Istanbul. Also, your skirt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is stunning!! Enjoy your time sweet friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Have an awesome time! You both deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome experience. That's so awesome about the couple you met. Can't wait to see all of your photos! Save travels lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Have fun! I can't wait to read all about your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see pictures and hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Loving all your instagrams... keep them coming! Have an amazing time! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO SO gorgeous! I love your instagram photos! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah, love this. I would also love to hear about how God is moving in Istanbul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so exciting that you are in Istanbul! Can't wait to see all of your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that sounds like such a neat trip. Can't wait to see the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an adventure! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful! cannot wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, I have become a huge fan of your blog since discovering it just a month ago! So glad you are enjoying your time in Istanbul so far, can't wait to see/hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this photo and the ones you've been putting on Instagram, it looks like such a great trip Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love!! How in the world did you find a Christian Turkish couple?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! It makes me want to go there even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope y'all are having so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...I'm officially coming out of lurking to say that I'm glad ya'll enjoyed yourselves--I can't wait to hear more about what God has done in this little adventure, :-)!!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stumbled upon your blog and you are such a doll! Looks like an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning!
    can't wait to hear more of y'alls adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are INCREDIBLE. I want to copy your entire trip :) :) :) glad you made it home safely! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!