2011...how's that for life changing?

Monday, January 2


Looking back at 2011, it might be an understatement to say that "a lot happened". I mean, really, a LOT happened. I suppose you could say God gave me the biggest blessing of my life...my sweet husband Kevin. I never realized how much I could love someone until I met this man. So before I digress and ramble on about K-dawg (which happens frequently...) here are my favorite events of 2011:

We got engaged! ok, ok, technically Kev proposed on NYE of 2010, but to me it seems like 2011! Kev's proposal was so personal and creative, and he included my whole family and his whole family and my best friend Michelle and her husband. They prayed over us, affirmed us, and even wrote a song for us! That man is too much and I don't deserve his sweetness!

We traveled in Indonesia and the Philippines! Kevin had been living in Indonesia as a basketball coach at a university on the island of Sulawesi. I went to visit him on the tail end of his time there, and we traveled through Bali and Kevin's hometown of Makassar. We snorkeled, rode scooters, and the best part is I got to meet all his friends and watch his team win the end of the year tournament. It was such a beautiful time.




We got married!! (This one takes the cake for the best!) It was a beautiful day!
We went to the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Can I take another one?


And lastly (which is a combination), we moved into our new home and learned that Kev's mom was cancer free! Praise the Lord!
I'm excited for a new year. I love new beginnings, starting fresh. There is something truly lovely in taking intentional time to really think about how I want to live my life, and what I want my life to reflect and be about. I heard a quote recently by William Law that said "If you have not chosen the kingdom of God first, in will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead." I'm looking forward to processing what this truth means for me, and what things I want to "resolve towards" this coming year:)

love Katie

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!